SILKYPIX is a wonderful RAW development software which is very simple and easy to use even for the beginners. “SILKYPIX Developer Studio 8” is a low price version of the application compare to its other version which is professional version.
SILKYPIX Developer Studio Pro 8 with its great image processing technology adds “clarity” that enhances the texture of your provided image.
SILKYPIX Developer Studio Functions
List of Full Basic Functions
SILKYPIX allows you to make the following adjustments to the image without deteriorating it
- Exposure (Brightness)
- White Balance (Shading)
- Tone (Light and Dark Sharpness)
Afterwards you can perform high quality adjustments or subsequently more fine tuning adjustments.
Functions for Recreating the Photographer’s Images
There are functions such as Partial Correction Function to adjust Saturation and Brightness of specified areas of the Image. Moreover, the newly adopted Brush can be used to define and designate areas for partial correction of the image. Furthermore, there is a list of fine adjustment functions like
- Fine Color Controller which can be used to adjust each specific color
- Highlight Color Controller which restores colors in highlighted parts as well as recover gradation are available.
SILKYPIX Developer Studio Pro 8 Features:
A “Clarity” parameter which is so important has been added to the “Tone Adjustment” to adjust the Luminance Level of each pixel of the image based on the information from its surrounding pixels. This is very helpful especially in hazy surroundings and for bold scenes.
In contrast, by lowering the “Clarity” you can finish with a soft ambience like with a soft focus, so you can use it to effect with women and children’s photography.
A Brush Added To The Partial Correction Tools
SILKYPIX has a “Brush” that makes it possible to select correction areas more freely to “Partial corrections” was added in “SILKYPIX Developer Studio Pro7.” Using the “Brush” makes corrections easier even in difficult areas of “Circular Correction Filter” and “Gradual Correction Filter.” By this more creative adjustments have become possible by making partial corrections that do not take the form of the subject.
Strengthening the Monochrome Controller Function
- Monochrome Pictures: For adjusting Monochrome Pictures a specialized function is added in SILKYPIX. Eight kinds of “Color filters” can be selected, and it is possible to reproduce filters when shooting monochrome photographs on your screen.
- Switch Between Color and Monochrome: In addition, since the “Lightness” can be adjusted for each hue, you can make a thorough finish to your black and white photographs. Even beginners of black and white photography can easily switch between color and monochrome images after applying parameters in the preview display, so you will be able to intensify the understanding of effects on monochrome photographs due to changes in color.
A function from “SILKYPIX Marine Photography” for RAW development software dedicated to underwater photography has been installed into “SILKYPIX Developer Studio Pro8” called Underwater photo controller.
- Bluishness: With this Underwater photo controller, you can correct the bluishness that is difficult to adjust with the normal white balance by using “White balance for underwater.”
- Color restoration: It also features “Color restoration,” which actually reproduces colors lost in water, as well as “Muddy reduction” to eliminate murkiness in water.
Focus Peaking Function Installed
A Focus peaking function has been installed to detect the parts focused on from adjacent pixels in the image, and to display them with colors added to those parts. With this function, you can clearly check the area of focus.
Improved User Interface
SILKYPIX Developer Studio Pro8 has improved the design to be clean and simple to make it possible to concentrate on adjusting images. In addition, the layout has been changed to make it easier to understand for those using adjustment functions for the first time. Also, you can now change the background color of the preview display according to your preference.
Download for Windows
Update: Oct. 5, 2018
File Size: 378 MB
Download for macOS
Update: Oct. 5, 2018
File Size: 367.9 MB